BSB golf day returns to Belfry course

first_imgThe British Society of Baking’s (BSB) annual golf day will be held at the world-famous Belfry on Tuesday 28 April, teeing off at 1.30pm in a shotgun start. As last year, it will be played over the Brabazon course.The day costs £125 per person and includes coffee and bacon rolls on arrival, a token for the driving range, 18 holes of golf, a three-course dinner, prize-giving and entertainment with an after-dinner speaker. The BSB has been offered a deal for accommodation on the Monday evening at £139 per person B&B. Golfers who want to book a room can contact the Belfry direct, mentioning the BSB.For a place, contact Keith Houliston on 07885 652039.last_img

Bear Creek Bayou Festival Shares Complete Schedule For NOLA Debut

first_imgAfter Bear Creek cancelled its festivities last year, the Bear Creek Bayou Festival is set to return triumphantly for two days at Mardi Gras World in New Orleans, LA. Coming in hot from September 30-October 1st, an all-star lineup featuring George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic, Soulive, Dumpstaphunk, Lettuce (x2), Lotus, Foundation of Funk (x2), Papadosio, The Flaming Lips and more will all be performing.With less than a month to go, the festival has just released their stacked schedule for the 2016 festivities. Be sure to head here to check out all of the musical magic planned for the return fo Bear Creek.When the music ends at the festival, Live For Live Music has you covered. After night one, an all-star lineup of musicians with join The Floozies and hold “Funk Court.” Featuring John Medeski, Skerik, Ryan Zoidis and Jesus Coomes, get more information by heading here. On night two, another stacked lineup will join forces to pay tribute to the late great Bernie Worrell, with an ensemble that includes Ivan Neville, Ian Neville, Nick Daniels, Nigel Hall, Nikki Glaspie, Jennifer Hartswick, The Shady Horns and TJ Norris. More information can be found here.We can’t wait for this festival and all of the late night jams!last_img read more

Duterte ‘not interested’ in Senate hearing on ABS-CBN franchise — Panelo

first_imgThe Senate hearing will be held twoweeks after SolicitorGeneral Jose Calida filed a quo warranto petition before the SupremeCourt seeking to revoke the franchise of ABS-CBN due to alleged foreignownership and bypassing of authority of the National TelecommunicationsCommission. Presidential spokesperson SalvadorPanelo said Duterte has “too many” work to do on the day of thescheduled hearing of the Senate Committee on Public Services on the matter. Panelo added that the Palace will notinterfere with the matters of the Senate, especially that its leadership hasdecided not to hold a session on Monday to make way for the ABS-CBN franchiserenewal hearing. “Trabaho ng SolGen ‘yan.Hayaan mo siyang gawin ang trabaho niya,” he said. Duterte has been vocal in the pastagainst the renewal of the franchise of ABS-CBN after the network supposedlydid not air a political advertisement that was already paid for during hispresidential bid in the 2016 elections. President Rodrigo Roa Duterte prepares to board a helicopter after gracing the inauguration of the Sangley Airport Development Project in Cavite City on February 15, 2020. PCOO “Hindiinteresado diyan si Presidente. Maraming trabaho si Presidente,”Panelo said. MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte isunlikely to monitor the proceedings of the Senate hearing on Monday regardingthe ABS-CBN franchise renewal issue, Malacañang said Sunday. Panelo, however, reiterated the Palace’sstatement that it has no take in the filing of the quo warranto petition. The TV network’s franchise is set toexpire on March 30, but the House Committee on Legislative Franchises has yetto hold a single hearing on the 11 bills seeking for the franchise’s renewal. House panel vice chair Tonypet Albano,nevertheless, said there was no direct pressure from Duterte in connection withthe pending bills on the ABS-CBN franchise renewal. (GMA News)last_img read more

Fury Wants Joshua in Wembley Showdown

first_imgTyson Fury has welcomed the prospect of facing Anthony Joshua in one of the “biggest fights in British boxing history” – and hopes it can be staged at Wembley next summer.The former heavyweight world champion stoked up his rivalry with Joshua this week by suggesting on social media that he will make a comeback like ring great Muhammad Ali for a showdown with ‘AJ’.Fury is waiting for a final ruling from UK-Anti-Doping on a suspended drugs ban and the British Boxing Board of Control are yet to be notified by his legal team about a new date for the hearing. But the 29-year-old is confident he will be cleared to end his long absence with a warm-up bout early next year, then take a massive fight with Joshua at the national stadium.“I’ve had two years out of the ring. Fat as a pig, hairy as an animal, but still as hungry as a lion,” Fury exclusively told Sky Sports. “You have two years out of the ring and it gives you that va-va-voom to get back in there and bust a few heads.“Do I need that many warm-ups? I don’t think so. Am I a 40-year-old? No, I’m 29. Still got a long time in boxing. I’m just so happy and excited to potentially be a part of one of the biggest fights in British boxing history.“People say, why do you think it’s that? I’m saying it because two unbeaten heavyweights, one unified champion, one lineal champion, both over six foot six tall, both over 18 stone. One nice guy, one bad man – it is what it is. I think the public are going to relish the thoughts of making this fight happen.“I think next summer is ideal and realistic. I’m not going to do it in February or March, because obviously I’m not in shape. But I’ll be back in shape by the time March, April comes around. Back ripped, looking sexy as ever. A couple of sun beds, a haircut and a shave, I’ll be back to my old self.”Fury was on the receiving end of disciplinary action from boxing’s governing bodies after making a string of controversial statements following his world title triumph against Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015.He now intends to focus his attention purely on the sport, if he starts a second reign as world champion in 2018.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more