G E Shipping Takes Delivery of Kamsarmax Newbuilding

first_imgzoom Mumbai-based Great Eastern Shipping (G E Shipping) has taken delivery of Jag Amar, a Kamsarmax dry bulk newbuilding, from Jiangsu New Yangzi Shipbuilding in China. The 82,000 dwt vessel was ordered in December 2013.With a gross tonnage of 44,000 tons, Jag Amar features a length of 229 meters and a width of 32.3 meters.Including Jag Amar, G E Shipping’s fleet currently stands at 39 vessels, comprising 24 tankers and 15 dry bulk carriers, with an average age of 9.45 years and an aggregate fleet tonnage of 3.02 million dwt.Additionally, the company plans to buy two secondhand Aframaxes and three secondhand Suezmaxes.last_img

Stuntin On Em David Ortiz Breaks MLB Record

David Ortiz has become Major League Baseball’s all-time designated hitter.In a game against the Seattle Mariners Wednesday night, Big Papi smashed a double to left-center field, which earned the 37-year-old Boston Red Sox slugger’s 1,689th hit as a designated hitter. The hit helped Ortiz surpass Harold Baines as the all-time leader among DHs.“It’s good to be mentioned with some of the greatest hitters that ever played the game,” Ortiz said. “I used to love to watch Edgar. He was a wonderful hitter. Wonderful hitters and when I first came up watching those guys. Now for your name to get mentioned next to theirs, it’s a wonderful thing.”

Houston Texans Antonio Smith Loses Appeal

Antonio Smith’s appeal of the three-week suspension handed down by the NFL was denied Friday. According to a source, the Houston Texans defensive end will miss Week 1 of the regular season and lose roughly $400,000 of his salary.Smith was suspended last week after ripping Miami Dolphins player Richie Incognito’s helmet off and swinging it at his head during Houston’s second preseason game.“In general, I feel disappointed, disappointed in myself that I was able to let him get to me in the way that he did that frustrated me, when knowing that that’s his whole game, that’s what he bases his skill level off of, and I let him take me down a road that led me into that path,” Smith told KRIV-TV in Houston.“Initially, I was full of frustration,” Smith said. “I swung the helmet, but I didn’t swing the helmet to hit Richie Incognito. If I was going to swing the helmet to hit Richie Incognito, it wouldn’t have been hard. He’s right there close. You can see how low the helmet was and how tight I brought it to my body.”Smith will continue to practice with the team while on suspension—which officially ends Tuesday, Sept. 10. read more

Region of The Americas become first to eliminate Measles

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppWashington DC, U.S.A, September 27, 2016 – The Region of the Americas has successfully eliminated Measles, Rubella and Congenital Rubella Syndrome.  The announcement was made, September 27th, 2016 at the World Health Organization for the Americas’ 55th annual Directing Council in Washington DC.   It is the first region to have eradicated small pox, the first region to have eliminated poliomyelitis and now it is the first region to have eliminated Measles, Rubella and Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS).The process began within the Americas in 2007 where countries were urged and agreed to work towards the elimination of Measles, Rubella and Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS).   Measles and Rubella are highly infectious diseases which affect the respiratory system; CRS can be contracted by infants born to mothers who have not received the rubella vaccine.  The last reported case of Rubella within the Americas was in 2009, this allowed the International Expert Committee (IEC) to validate the region as having eliminated Rubella and CRS in 2015.  Measles was scheduled to be a part of this validation, but because of the outbreaks in Canada, the United States, Brazil and Ecuador during the period in which the region was to be validated, the verification was withheld.Elimination means that a region would have had to interrupt endemic transmission of Measles over a period of time.  Simply put, all the countries in the Americas would have needed to have zero cases of Measles, Rubella and CRS contracted within any of the countries for a period of time.  The last outbreak of Measles in the region was in 2015 in Brazil as a result of an imported case from another region.“Today we say bye-bye to indigenous transmission of Measles.  We celebrate this historic day in which the scourge has been eliminated,” said Dr. Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).Premier Dr. The Hon. Rufus Ewing stated;  “The Turks and Caicos Islands is elated to be a part of this great success.  The country has always boasted of its high coverage in Measles and Rubella vaccination over the years, due to the hard work and dedication of our public health staff and public health policies over the years.  We will continue to work to maintain a high coverage in all vaccines and to go even higher.”Elimination does not mean eradication and so the work must continue to ensure that we keep the TCI Measles, Rubella and CRS free.   In attendance at the 55th Directing Council and also the conference on Medical Health Tourism is the Hon. Premier and Minister of Health Dr. Rufus Ewing, Permanent Secretary Mr. Wesley Clerveaux along with other members of staff from the Ministry of Health, Agriculture and Human Services and the office of the Premier. Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Update Kevino Smith Investigation Females arrested

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, February 6, 2017 – As part of continued investigation into the disappearance and subsequent death of Kevino Smith, today (Monday 6th February 2017), three females aged 19, 28 and 53 residents of Grand Turk have been re-arrested on suspicion of attempting to Pervert the Course of Justice. They remain in custody while the investigations are on ongoing.On Friday 6th March 2015, Kevino Smith was reported missing by his parents. Following the report, a police investigation was launched. As a result of extensive searches by the police and members of the community, his body was later found in the Breezy Brae area on Thursday 16th April 2015.Anyone with information surrounding Kevino Smith’s murder, or any information relevant to this investigation is asked to call the Royal Turks & Caicos Islands Police Force at 911 or 941-4448 extension 81843 or 81837 or use the untraceable, anonymous Crime Stoppers Miami number at 1-800(TIPS) or 1-800-8477. No names or numbers are requested, and only the information provided is passed on to the Royal Turks & Caicos Islands Police Force.Press Release: RTCIPF#MagneticMediaNews Recommended for you ALERT # 2 ON POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE ISSUED BY THE BAHAMAS DEPARTMENT OF METEOROLOGY THURSDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, 2019 AT 9 PM EDT Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:#magneticmedianews Electricity Cost of Service Study among the big agenda items at September 11 Cabinet meeting The Luxury of Grace Bay in Down Town Provolast_img read more

Obie Wilchcome Bids Farewell To Perry Christie

first_img#magneticmedianews#obiesaysgoodbyetochristie Related Items:#magneticmedianews, #obiesaysgoodbyetochristie Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppcenter_img Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, May 19, 2017 – Nassau – Former Minister of Tourism Obie Wilchcombe expressed his shock at the PLP’s loss in the General Election while bidding farewell to Party Leader Perry Christie after 20 years as the PLP’s leader.“Many are still trying to figure out why the thousands of Bahamians did not vote, why many stayed home and how change could come when the people did not indicate that they truly wanted the change”, he said.In acknowledging all of Christie’s accomplishments and goodwill, Obie also made mention of those that have betrayed the Former Prime Minister, over the years.“Many of us say thank you for opening the doors for so many because there are those that even criticized you, who you opened doors for. Those who’ve said things about you who you gave opportunities to. and those who you in fact, gave second chances to, who turned their backs on you. But I’m reminded that you can only be back-stabbed by a friend.”, he stated.He continue, promising party supporters that the PLP will rebuild and do their best to win the next election.“We will rebuild with our deputy leader, we’ll rebuild with our chairman, we will rebuild with all in this organization because you have told us “Never give in, never give up, never retreat.” So, Mr. Leader, we will win the next one but we will win this one for you, Mr. Leader.”Obie Wilchcombe revealed that he will run for chairman of the PLP at the party’s next convention as Bradley Roberts will not seek re-election to that post.last_img read more

BAHAMAS Kevin Harris Takes Over As New BIS Chief

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, January 10, 2018 – Nassau – Veteran radio broadcaster, Talk Show host and media and public relations executive, Mr. Kevin Harris, has been appointed Director General of Bahamas Information Services.  Mr. Harris’ appointment took effect January 1, 2018.  He succeeds Mr. Luther Smith who served in the post for the past three-and-a-half years.A 20-year veteran in the broadcast and media industry, Mr. Harris has worked as a radio personality for a number of radio stations including 100 Jamz, 101.9 Joy FM, Spirit Gospel 92.5FM and Guardian Radio 96.9FM.  He also served as a radio talk show host and producer for the highly popular and nationally aired radio program “State of Affairs with Kevin Harris.”Mr. Harris also has over 25 years’ experience as an Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations Consultant. He served as the very first Marketing Executive for British American Bank and Western Union in the Bahamas from 1996 to 1998.Mrs. Pakesia Parker-Edgecombe, Parliamentary Secretary for Information and Communications in the Office of the Prime Minister, who has responsibility for Bahamas Information Services and the Broadcasting Corporation of The Bahamas, welcomed Mr. Harris’ appointment while thanking Mr. Smith for his work done during his tenure.“As Bahamas Information Services works towards ensuring positive growth and development in its field, we are confident that the appointment of Mr. Harris will indeed take us in the right direction,” Mrs. Parker-Edgecombe said.“Furthermore, we are grateful for the job Mr. Luther Smith has done in the last three-plus years and wish him well in all of his endeavours.  Amidst an ever-changing environment in the information and communications sector, Mr. Harris’ skills to lead the organization having served in the area of media for so many years, will undoubtedly work to our benefit.“BIS will witness a dynamic transformation as Mr. Harris and his executive team chart the way forward utilizing both technology and human resources to ensure that vital information pertaining to the government and governance of our country is widely disseminated with relevance, accuracy and speed as demanded by our citizenry and indeed those of the world,” Mrs. Parker-Edgecombe added.Born in Nassau in 1970, Mr. Harris attended Columbus Primary School, C.H. Reeves Junior High School and the Government High School from which he graduated in 1997.   An ordained minister of the Gospel, Mr. Harris holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from Christian Life School of Theology.Widely known in gospel and entertainment industries as “Minister K,” Mr. Harris is the Founder and President of the Caribbean Gospel Music Marlin Awards, which is now considered the world’s premier music awards for Bahamian and Caribbean Gospel Music.  The Marlin Awards celebrates its 22nd anniversary this year.Mr. Harris also served as the local entertainment coordinator for the historic taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show at Atlantis, Paradise Island in 1999, and as the local coordinator for the Bahamas segment of the world tour for late civil rights activist Rosa Parks.Mr. Harris is married to Quetell Harris (nee McPhee), and is the father of three children.Press Release: BIS Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:last_img read more

Pochettino expects his side to beat PSV

first_imgTottenham have had a very slow start to the season in the Champions League as they were beaten away from home by Inter and at home by Barcelona – now, they have to win over PSV to remain in the fight for the knockout stage places.The former Southampton coach spoke about his expectations ahead of the important game as he said, according to 101 Great Goals: “If we are not capable of winning this type of game we cannot win the title.“We need more. I think we are so competitive over the last four-and-a-half-years, but to win a title is the last step, to push the team and the club.”Victor Wanyama, Tottenham Hotspur, Premier LeaguePochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“I think it’s so important the Champions League game against Eindhoven if we want to be alive in the competition. It’s a must-win game.”“Four-and-a-half-years ago when they offered me the Tottenham job the idea was to build a team for the Champions League in the moment we arrive in the new stadium.”“This is our third Champions League in a row, one at White Hart Lane, three times at Wembley. We are ahead of the project. We are miles ahead.”last_img read more