Sierra Madre Excess Water Use Penalties to Increase

first_imgEVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Community News Community News First Heatwave Expected Next Week Make a comment Top of the News Herbeauty6 Strong Female TV Characters Who Deserve To Have A SpinoffHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Strong Female TV Characters Who Deserve To Have A SpinoffHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyNutritional Strategies To Ease AnxietyHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyYou Can’t Go Past Our Healthy Quick RecipesHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyRobert Irwin Recreates His Father’s Iconic PhotosHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeauty 3 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Subscribe Government Sierra Madre Excess Water Use Penalties to Increase Published on Thursday, May 19, 2016 | 1:41 pmcenter_img Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena Business News faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes More Cool Stuff This year’s El Niño rains have had a limited impact on our part of the state. Water conservation remains as critical as ever as California enters into its fifth year of drought. Sierra Madre City Council approved a measure earlier this month that would increase the penalty rate assessed on excess water use.The City of Sierra Madre would like to thank its water-wise customers for doing their part to make every drop count. The latest water billing numbers for May show 75% of Sierra Madre customers met, or outperformed, their water conservation targets. The remaining 25% of customers are of increasing concern for the City, as many of the customers who exceeded their water use target in the month have a repeat history of doing so.The City of Sierra Madre will introduce a new water penalty rate beginning on July 1, 2016. The rate will apply to each billing unit used in excess of a customer’s conservation target. The current penalty rate is $5.04/unit. The new rate will increase to $10.72, or two times the Tier 4 rate.If you would like to learn more about conservation and water utility rates, please visit the City of Sierra Madre website at: www.cityofsierramadre.com. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *