‘Targeted’ mass testing pushed in Bacolod City

first_img“Health officials must return to Purok Sabes in the Barangay Villamonte, where the city’s second fatality, (Patient No. 8)’ resides,” Drilon said in an interview over RMN DYHB-Bacolod yesterday morning.He also recommended targeted mass testing for Purok Bayanihan in Barangay Banago, the place of residence of Patient No. 9.The CLMMRH head noted that random swabbing of 50 residents must also be done in the community.He reiterated the need to test at least 30,000 persons in this city.“The city should not be complacent as the infection rate may last until December,”Drilon said. Bacolod has nine confirmed COVID-19 cases with two fatalities as of Monday, data from the City Health Office showed./PN Last week, he sent a recommendation letter to the city’s Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19 on the conduct of massive testing targeting individuals living in areas with previously confirmed virus cases.  Dr. Julius Drilon said this could be the city’s first step in rising from the COVID-19 crisis. BACOLOD City – The head of the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital is pushing for a “massive targeted testing” for coronavirus disease 2019.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *